Top 9 Bluetooth Speakers For Any Occasion
With the multitude of Bluetooth speakers available on the market, it can be quite the herculean task to pick the one that will serve you best. Welcome to “Top 9 Bluetooth Speakers For Any Occasion”.
Different audio devices are better than others depending on what you will be primarily using it for. Here are the top nine speakers currently available on the market.
The following will break down the pros and cons of each speaker as well as what situations and environments they work best in.
1. UE Boom 3
Ultimate Ears Boom 3 is a powerful speaker that comes in four different colors. You can choose from blue, black, red, and purple.
Its deep and accurate bass travels 360 degrees around the unit to create an immersive listening experience. It features a highly durable exterior and is even waterproof in up to one meter of water. Another nifty feature is it can float with ease and has an impressive 15 hour battery life.
As you can imagine, this speaker is great for both pool parties and beach adventures as it can withstand being around water and still sounds great when outside.
- Floats in water and can withstand being submerged for 30 minutes at a time
- Magic play button makes it easy to pause, play, and skip tracks
- Can be paired with up to 150 other UE devices to create the ultimate sound experience
- Wireless connection only extends about 20 feet away from the music source
- Micro USB charging port is cumbersome to plug in
- Loud drumbeat on start up makes it difficult to use around people who are sleeping indoors
2. UE Wonderboom
The Wonderboom is a sleek looking speaker that comes in 11 different colors so anyone can find something that fits their environment. It features 10 hours of battery life which is substantially less than the Boom 3.
The 360 degrees sound reverberates quite strongly considering how small the unit is. Unfortunately, you can only pair 2 Wonderboom devices together and they are not compatible with previous UE devices like the Booms or MegaBooms.
This speaker is great for indoor listening around the house or in the bathroom. The sound won’t carry far outdoors but you the strap it to your waist to bring the device around the house.
- Wireless connectivity range extends to an impressive 100 feet from the music source
- The IPX7 waterproof rating means it can withstand a meter of water for up to 30 minutes
- Simple controls that involve clicking the logo to pause and play your music
- Sound quality becomes harsher as you approach max volume
- The strap can wear down or break easily during strenuous activities
- It doesn’t connect to the UE phone app and thus has none of the features associated with it
3. Riva Concert Smart Speaker
This smart speaker comes in just black or white and has a modern boxy look to it. You can use the Alexa integration to easily control your music or change the settings with simple voice commands.
There are also buttons on top for anyone who prefers an old school approach. You can easily connect the music source via Wi-fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, USB or traditional audio jack.
The 15 hours of battery life make it last for longer than an entire session of listening. This speaker is best used for hassle-free listening at home both indoors and outdoors due to the laid back voice commands.
- Fills an entire room with high quality sound using just one speaker
- The Riva Voice App or Alexa can be used to control the speaker without buttons
- Allows you to easily stream music to any room in the house by connecting multiple devices
- Riva App Software is riddled with glitches and bugs
- There is no support for Pandora or Apple Music
- The lack of sleep mode results in long power on and off times
4. Bose Soundlink Revolve
This circular speaker looks sleek and comes in either gray or black. There are about 12 hours of battery life before it requires charging. The IPX4 waterproof rating makes it resistant to moisture but not as submergible as other units on this list.
Its voice control features even allow you to take calls during music playback. The wireless range of 30 feet is decent and falls in the middle of other devices on the market.
This speaker is a solid choice for indoor home or office use as it produces a nice sound but isn’t durable enough for rugged outdoor use.
- You can pair two speakers and maximize the sound with omnidirectional acoustic deflection
- Bose Connect app is easy to use and has many enjoyable features
- 360 degree sound makes it sound great no matter where you are in the room
- The physical volume buttons tend to stop working
- Not loud enough for large outdoor areas
- Power cord is short and doesn’t always charge properly
5. JBL Boombox Bluetooth Speaker
This boombox comes in black, green, or a camo pattern. The massive 20000 mah battery lasts for an entire 24 hours and can charge another device such as your phone. The four active transducers and bass radiators create a powerful sound that can be both seen and heard.
It has an incredibly rugged and durable exterior that can handle harsh weather and other outdoor conditions.
Coupled with the handle on top and long battery life, this boombox is an excellent choice for listening to music outside at pool parties and festivals where bumps and falls may occur.
- Battery life that exceeds a majority of all audio devices on the market
- Monstrous sound that can be heard from extremely far away
- Durable and waterproof exterior make it almost invincible
- Can only link to other devices after a firmware update
- The bottom pad does not make for a very stable base
- Does not feature any bass or treble tuning controls
6. UE Megablast with Alexa
The Megablast comes in six different color variants that are sure to suit any style. Its 12 hours of battery life are decent and is definitely on par with several other units currently available.
You can use Wi-fi to co connect with a variety of internet apps such as Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. It features an impressive range of 330 feet before losing the wireless connection. The Alexa support makes it incredibly simple to control each track and change the settings as you see fit.
Overall, this is another great speaker for outdoor use as you can blast music over long distances and the extensive wi-fi range means you don’t need to huddle near the house just to stay connected.
- The IPX7 waterproof rating allows it to be submerged or rained on for at least 30 minutes
- UE app is constantly updated with new features
- The Wi-fi range gives you a long leash while retaining audio quality
- It has no party up features to connect multiple audio devices
- Charging port is on the bottom which is hard to reach without the optional charging dock
- No Alexa ring to give feedback on whether or not she hears your commands
7. JBL Clip 3
This clip-on speaker comes in 11 different colors so you are guaranteed to find one that matches your outfit. It features 10 hours of battery which should be enough for the average walk or hiking adventure.
Also, it is IPX7 rated so you can easily get it wet without much worry. The integrated carabiner is durable makes it easy to clip onto just about any article of clothing you wish.
This makes it the ideal speaker to take on hikes or other outdoor adventures where you can’t always hold onto the speaker by hand.
- Very affordable compared to the other devices on this list
- Easily connects to your phone for wireless playback
- Strong carabiner that you can trust during strenuous activities
- The audio quality diminishes at higher volumes
- The treble takes over each song as there is hardly any bass to speak of
- Doesn’t use the Connect+ phone app featured on older models
8. Bose Soundlink Micro
As the name implies, this speaker is incredibly small and portable. It comes in orange, black, or dark blue. The battery life is incredibly short at only six hours but the sound quality is great for the entirety of that duration.
Its tear resistant strap allows you to bring it with you wherever you go as long as there is a place to charge it nearby. You can use the speakerphone functionality to easily take calls from both Siri and the Google assistant.
The IPX7 rating means the device is not afraid to get wet despite the small size. This speaker is great for going to the beach or traveling short distances outside.
- Fantastic sound quality for such a tiny device
- The strap is very durable and can withstand strenuous activity and other outdoor adventures with ease
- You can easily control your music and take calls without needing to take your phone out of your pocket
- Incredibly short battery life pales in comparison to other units
- Many USB cables aren’t compatible so it is tough to replace the charging cord
- Too much bass for talk radio and podcast programs
9. Bose Soundlink Revolve Plus
Much like the original Revolve, it comes in both black and gray. A fabric strap has been added to the top to make it easier to grab and go in a hurry.
It sports an impressive 16 hours of battery life which is quite high compared to the base resolve’s 12. You can take calls from both Android and Apple devices with the super handy speakerphone support. There are 30 feet of wireless range and you can connect two or more bose devices with the phone app.
The deep sound travels in 360 degrees and needs to be heard to be believed. This speaker is excellent for both indoor and outdoor use as it has a nice carrying strap and produces a sound that can be heard from quite far away.
- Long battery life means you can take it anywhere without needing a charge
- Bose connect app is fully featured and easy to use
- Impressive sound quality that makes the most of your music
- Hibernation mode keeps reminding you it is powered on when you are trying to sleep at night
- There is lag when connecting multiple devices
- Sound can crackle during heavy Wi-fi interference
While these are all great options for bluetooth speakers today, the right choice should be based on what you’ll be using it for!
Once you narrow down what you’ll be using it for, that makes finding the right speaker for you a lot easier. Look through the options and grab one you’ll enjoy!